Brief Skills InfoA results-driven PMP certified Project Manager and Engineer with extensive experience in managing varying categories of projects from initiation, through robust planning and execution to closure.
I have a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering design and this has enabled me to build a wealth of experience in utilizing different ERP and CRM platforms to execute and present a varying range of projects for numerous clients across the globe. On some occasions, it was in developing in-house bespoke soft tools for the computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS). My conviction and ability to relate, lead, motivate and inspire others to perform above and beyond helped him to successfully deliver projects within scope, schedule, and budget in more than 15 countries where he has worked for more than 10 years. The IT Project management course offered by the University of Calgary in partnership with the Calgary Economic Development (CED) and Information Communications Technology Council (ICTC) has further prepared and empowered him to be able to excel in managing IT projects.
I am presently looking for a position in IT Project management
Below is the summary of my experience and qualifications:
A results-driven PMP certified Project Manager and Engineer with extensive experience in managing varying categories of projects from initiation, through robust planning and execution to closure. Collaboratively worked with different business domains with optimum stakeholders’ engagement to deliver projects within scope, schedule, and budget.
• More than 10 years of cumulative experience in Project management and Engineering
• Recently completed a program on IT Project management from the University of Calgary
• Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies; Recently developed a bespoke Agile + Sure step Methodology for Microsoft Dynamics 365 implementations ERP and CRM projects
• Oversaw the management of multiple projects from start to finish (DBM, AFE generation, project cost and schedule control, procurement, pre-job meetings, etc.)
• Influenced internal and external service providers, assessed requirements, steward their efforts and compile all inputs to achieve the desired outcome
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Project, Excel, Power BI, Bizagi, Jira, Microsoft DevOps, SAP, etc.)
Project Manager/ Engineer Nov 2015 to Jan 2020
Aneccon Engineering Inc. Calgary
• Influenced and executed project management controls including scheduling, cost, scope, procurement, and resources management
• Led the development of in-house scalable reliability engineering analysis software that is compatible with major CMMS software (SAP & Maximo)
• Championed the development of corporate assets (equipment) management program for various industrial clients.
• Led strategic projects that Increased overall facilities availability with an increased Overall Equipment Effectiveness [OEE] and a significant reduction in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Major recent projects under Anecon Engineering Inc:
Petrobras P-70 FPSO Jun 2018 – Jan 2020
The P-70 FPSO is one of the series of production platform designs that currently responds to Pre-salt production. The FPSO was constructed in Qingdao, China, and has now been transported and installed in Atapu field in Santos basin for operation. As a sub-division project manager I performed the following:
• Managed the construction of the process piping and the inline attachments (valves, reducers, etc.) and ensure strict compliance to approved final design specifications
• Managed and monitored the construction and installation of the Pressure vessels onboard the FPSO
• Collaboratively worked with the interdisciplinary Field Engineering team to ensure robust integrity of the equipment within my purview
• Managed risks (analyze, track and seek ways of elimination) to ensure scope, schedule, and budgetary compliance
• Engaged stakeholders at all levels (including vendors and suppliers) to ensure optimum project deliverables
Anecon iRel Software Development Apr 2019 – Jun 2019
Anecon accepted my proposal and embarked on a project to develop an in-house reliability analysis software that would be compatible with major CMMS software like SAP and Maximo with the aim of increasing their competitive advantage through offering cutting-edge technology to offer precise equipment reliability solutions to clients.
• Used Scrum methodology with a team of 5 members working in a collocated environment to deliver the project
• Facilitated requirement gathering and elicitation, gap analysis, developed the RTM and other documents and confirmed the definition of done (DoD)
• Developed the Scrum team and controlled budgetary and schedule concerns in collaboration with the PO
• Facilitated the scrum process on scrum teams with significant cross-functional impacts involving project, non-project, or maintenance work.
• Guides the scrum team and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
• Used empirical data to help the team assess their Scrum Maturity, optimize scrum team velocity to organizational KPIs, and ensured retrospectives at end of each sprint to identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
• Proactively addressed systemic impediments to team agility to prevent challenges from becoming blockers. Used Burndown charts and Kanban board in Jira and daily standups to guide the team.
• Coached scrum team to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
• Partnered with the Product Owner to ensure continuous refinement of the backlog.
Chief Field Engineer – Projects Jul 2011 to Jun 2015
• Delivered a varying range of projects in collaboration with the right stakeholders and obtained clients’ final acceptance
• Championed the development of in-house Asset Management RCM/FMEA & Spares Inventory Management tool using Scrum methodology
• Managed the construction of Oil exploration vessel new builds across the globe
• Lead Mechanical group in the Design and construction of SLB Middle East Learning Centre. Plants and Vessel equipment were installed and simulated in sync with field conditions.
• Performed Construction scheduling, cost monitoring, management, and general project control
• Provided field project coordination, engineering services, and troubleshooting with direct client interface
• Ensured that project changes are well managed and tracked with optimum stakeholders engagement
• Identified gaps and opportunities related to Data and Processes and make recommendations for future projects
• Implemented LEAN practices as part of cost management strategies
Senior Field Engineer – Integrity Apr 2008 to Jul 2011
• Championed best practice Reliability Centered Maintenance principles aimed at eliminating infant failures (0 – 10% average achievement). Increased Mean time before failures (MTBF)
• Supervised the Life cycle assets Management of Mechanical static and rotating equipment. Ensured optimal inventory management with a focus on Inventory Turnover effects.
• Assessed maintenance documentation and use it to drive effective improvement decisions
• Participated in project milestone design reviews, constructability reviews, Safety reviews including process hazard assessments (HAZOP, FRACAS, etc.), etc.
IT Project Management
University Of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Master Of Science, Mechanical Engineering Design
The University Of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom.
Project Management Institute: Project Management Professional – PMI – PMP (#2636224)
Professional Engineer: Member #183393 – APEGA – P.Eng